Getting into a car accident can be confusing enough, especially if you are dealing with injuries to yourself or your family. If you were struck by an uninsured or underinsured driver, the situation will become much more complex. At Paulozzi LPA, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to get to work to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. We will handle the insurance companies so you can focus on recovering. When you need an uninsured or underinsured motorist attorney, we are here.

How common are these crashes?

Car accidents in Brooklyn Heights are not uncommon. When we turn to the latest reporting year for Ohio, we can see that there were 303,298 vehicle crashes. Out of those, there were:

  • 1,179 fatalities
  • Over 75,000 injury crashes

Close to home, we can see that there were over 33,000 crashes that same year in Cuyahoga County. Out of those, more than 9,000 were injury crashes.

These incidents can lead to serious injuries. It is not uncommon for the team at Paulozzi LPA to help clients suffering from the following:

These injuries can lead to major medical expenses, but what happens if the at-fault driver does not have the insurance coverage necessary to cover the expenses?

Uninsured and underinsured motorists in Ohio

Even though insurance is required in Ohio, not all drivers carry it. According to the Insurance Information Institute, around 13% of all drivers in Ohio are uninsured. Even when they do have insurance, their coverage may not be enough to cover your damages after a major crash. The Ohio minimums are:

  • $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person injured in an accident
  • $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage for all persons injured in an accident
  • $25,000 property damage liability for an accident

If you are struck by a driver without insurance or that does not have enough to cover your expenses, you may have to file an additional claim with your personal insurance carrier. However, you can only do so if you have purchased uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UIM). Alternatively, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver who causes the accident.

How can we get your case moving forward?

If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident that was caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, please seek legal assistance today. At Paulozzi LPA, we are going to investigate all aspects of your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:

  • Coverage of your medical bills related to the crash
  • Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
  • Mental anguish damages
  • Loss of enjoyment of life damages
  • Possible punitive damages against the negligent party

When you need a Brooklyn Heights uninsured or underinsured motorist attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 888-710-0040.

Call Us
Text Us