Paulozzi LPA fought long and hard (understatement) for me to get the best outcome possible after my car accident. Joe Paulozzi and Amy Higgins were wonderful… dedicated, persevering, and honest. I cannot thank them enough, and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants excellent and proactive representation.

More Less

What should I do after a car accident?

If you are involved in a car accident, the first thing you should do is get evaluated for potential injuries. Once you have been checked for injuries and had them documented, it is essential for you to gather all evidence from the scene of the crash. Make sure that a police report is filled out for the accident. Finally, you must contact an experienced car accident attorney for a free legal consultation.

Will the insurance company fix my car or replace it?

When you are in a car accident, you must file two different kinds of claims with the insurance company. One for your injuries and one for your property damage. As long as you were not at-fault in the crash, the insurance company for the at-fault driver will be responsible for the property damage to your car. If your car was totaled, the insurance company will pay you for the car’s worth before the accident.

How do I make an insurance claim after a car accident?

Before making an insurance claim after you are involved in a car accident, it is important to gather all relevant evidence. Make sure that a police report is filed, your injuries (if any) are documented, photos of the scene and vehicles are taken, and witness information obtained. Once you have done this, call your insurance company and they will walk you through the process of making a claim.

I am not hurt that bad, should I still file an insurance claim?

Yes. Although you may not be in pain right now or notice any visible injuries, it is imperative for you to file an insurance claim. Often times, you will not start to feel the pain from injuries sustained in a car accident until a few days after. As the days go on, the pain could get worse and worse. If you wait to file an insurance claim, valuable evidence could be lost.

What kind of evidence should I document after a car accident?

Immediately after you are involved in a car accident, it is important to secure valuable evidence. This includes:

  • A police report
  • Documentation of your injuries
  • Photos of the scene, including damage to the vehicles involved
  • Names, phone numbers, and addresses of all drivers, passengers, and witnesses
  • Police officer names and badge numbers

What happens if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

If you get into a car accident with an uninsured motorist, you may feel as if all hope is lost. Although this situation is not ideal, you do have two options. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance under your own insurance policy, you can file a claim with your insurance company. If you do not, there is the opportunity to file a civil lawsuit. In this situation, you would be suing the other driver to pay for your damages.

What if snow or ice caused my car accident?

In Ohio, we are very familiar with weather causing hazardous driving conditions. Either way, whoever would normally be at fault in the accident is still at fault. When operating a motor vehicle, you must take the weather and road conditions into account. When there is ice or snow on the road, drivers should leave more space between them and the car in front of them, begin stopping earlier than normal, drive the speed limit (or sometimes below), avoid driving recklessly, and maintain all other safe driving habits.

Call Us
Text Us